This webpage will introduce you to the intramural and recreational services available at Brookdale Community College. It will provide you with basic information. You are encouraged to take full advantage of the facilities and services provided.
Intramural sports offer all Brookdale students, faculty and staff the chance to participate together in a wide variety of team sports, individual sports and special events. Everyone is given the chance to compete, stay fit and make some new friends, regardless of your ability level. Whether it's your first time playing or not, intramural sports has the right league for you!
The success of the intramural program depends solely upon you. We are looking forward to your participation during the course of the year.
The Intramurals and Recreation program is directed by David Tomkins. His office is located in Robert J. Collins Arena (Room 203C). Please feel free to stop in and discuss ideas with him or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission statement for intramural programs at Brookdale Community College is to provide you with opportunities of competitive competition in sports and recreation programs outside of the varsity athletics realm and for those programs and services to promote the maintenance of good mental and physical health.
The following rules and procedures are intended to promote fair and orderly competition for participants in the Intramural Program. These general guidelines will be supplemented by additional regulations that will be specific to each activity. Any of these rules are subject to change at the discretion of the director of Intramurals and Recreation. The director also reserves the right to issue any new regulations that are considered essential for the success of the total program.
1. Entry forms are available for all activities and events offered on the webpage under “Registration” or stop into the Athletics Department.
2. Eligibility - Players must be active students, administrators and faculty or staff members. Intercollegiate student-athletes are eligible to play in the same or comparable intramural sport prior and/or after their season.
3. Rosters must be completed in full, which includes an acceptable team name, player names, student ID numbers and captain’s e-mail address and phone number.
4. A captain’s meeting will be held before each season to discuss rules, schedules and other information that is relevant to that particular activity.
5. All participants shall be required to bring their Brookdale Community College student or staff ID card to ALL GAMES. Players who cannot provide proper identification will not be permitted to participate.
6. A team shall forfeit any game in which it uses an ineligible player or a player participating under an assumed name. Individuals violating eligibility rules will be suspended from participation in intramurals pending an interview with the intramurals director.
7. Individuals ejected from a game for any reason will result in a minimum of one additional game suspension.
8. Individuals ejected from intramural play must leave the intramurals complex before play resumes. In the event that an ejected participant refuses to leave the complex, his or her team will forfeit that game.
9. Game time is expected to be on schedule. Any team or individual that fails to be ready for a contest at the appointed time will have a grace period of 10 minutes. If not ready by then the team will have to forfeit to the opponent. In the event that neither team is ready, both teams will be given a forfeit loss.
10. Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed or served at any intramural activities. Any participants suspected to have consumed alcohol either before or during an activity will be ejected and dealt with accordingly.
11. Individuals may only play on one team per league.
Once you have completed either the Team Registration Form or the Individual Registration Form, please click the Waiver and Liability link below.